- Points Leading Conservative Voices Most Often Make on Climate Change
- Sportsmen’s and Anglers’ Views Highlighted in New ‘This Is Not Cool’ Video
- U. of Washington Course: Science Students Learning ‘to Tell Stories’
- 2013 ‘State of’ Report Describes Continuing Woes of Journalism
- Jared Diamond, Yesterday’s World, Today’s Perceptions, Tomorrow’s Climate
- NASA’s Science Visualization Wall: Cool Is An Understatement
- Stations in Three Virginia TV Markets to Try Expanding Climate Coverage
Category Archives: Science
Richard Muller’s ‘BEST’ reports trigger a flood of dueling op-ed pieces, some of which actually make no mention of the studies. What are the lessons for a would-be planetary ‘safety net’?
Physicist Muller’s ‘BEST’ Report Satisfies Few In Reaffirming Validity of Temperature Station Records
‘BEST’ researchers release not-yet-peer-reviewed findings supporting validity of temperature station records and rejecting urban heat island arguments. Climate ‘skeptics,’ having anticipated good news, cry foul … and climatologists long supportive of the evidence wonder, ‘So? What’s New?’
A new Australian site, claiming more than 200,000 readers monthly, combines scientific and journalistic principles to improve public understanding of science, including climate science. This is the first Yale Forum re-posting from The Conversation, which strives for ‘academic rigour, journalistic [...]
There’s a lesson to be learned from an editor’s having resigned over his journal’s publication of a research report thought to have been inadequately reviewed: extraordinary claims must be supported by extraordinary evidence. Headline writers and media … take note.
This first feature in a new “On the Quad …” series by college students studying climate change and communications was written by Amelia Prior, now in her sophomore year at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. A student of writing [...]
As reported in a recent Yale Forum feature by Michael Coren, various private and public sector interests are moving ahead with climate adaptation plans and strategies. Adjusting activities in concert with expectations of a changing climate is moving mainstream even [...]
The recent spate of severe weather events is drawing increased attention — in science and some journalism arenas — to possible links with long-term climate change. It’s an explosive issue and one that will demand close attention and monitoring as [...]