- Can ‘Unbiased, Fact-Based, In-Depth’ Environmental News Compete?
- Fewer Past Venues Seen Suitable as Future Winter Olympics Sites
- Will Snow(-less) Boarding be the New Norm in a Warmer Climate?
- The Global Climate in Context — 2013 in Review
- Climate in 2013 in the U.S. … and in Context
- Inquiring Minds Want to Know … Why Is It So Cold?
- U. of Michigan, Others Exploring Faculty Public Outreach Issues
- On January’s Belated Gifts to Those Sowing Climate Doubts
- Scientist Mann, Columnist Kristof Take on ‘Neglected’ Topic
- Climate Change in the Vortex of America’s Bi-Polar Politics
Category Archives: Public Health
Discover magazine Contributing Editor describes her soon-to-be-released non-fiction book as a ‘natural off-shoot’ of her news reporting on climate change. One suggestion: a ‘medical Marshall Plan.’
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s advice to coastal property owners to elevate their homes or face higher insurance premiums is a harbinger of more things likely to come.
Covering only the direct health impacts of climate change misses half the story, a panel advises reporters at SEJ’s annual conference.
Researchers say climate frames reflecting public health, rather than environmental or national security issues, may do more at persuading those ‘as yet unpersuaded.’ Cautions expressed about a ‘boomerang’ or backlash effect from national security framing.
They’re among North America’s most vulnerable population groups, and their 95 million acres of tribal lands present Native Americans with a complex array of challenges and opportunities as they confront a warming climate.
Tackling black carbon (soot) and other short-term pollutants buys valuable time for tackling CO2. But in long term, CO2 emissions reductions are seen as remaining critical.
Public health/climate change connections increasingly being recognized by the medical establishment might help in informing the public at large. Policy experts say a growing awareness of the public health/climate linkage could be a key in breaking through political logjams impeding [...]