- Can ‘Unbiased, Fact-Based, In-Depth’ Environmental News Compete?
- Fewer Past Venues Seen Suitable as Future Winter Olympics Sites
- Will Snow(-less) Boarding be the New Norm in a Warmer Climate?
- The Global Climate in Context — 2013 in Review
- Climate in 2013 in the U.S. … and in Context
- Inquiring Minds Want to Know … Why Is It So Cold?
- U. of Michigan, Others Exploring Faculty Public Outreach Issues
- On January’s Belated Gifts to Those Sowing Climate Doubts
- Scientist Mann, Columnist Kristof Take on ‘Neglected’ Topic
- Climate Change in the Vortex of America’s Bi-Polar Politics
Category Archives: Policy
Spend the equivalent of nearly two days on the phone interviewing a range of selected national, regional, and local “leaders” on climate change, and you’ll likely come up with some interesting insights. That’s what Eugene, Oregon-based nonprofit leader and frequent [...]
U.S. Supreme Court … in supreme position on climate. Climate change litigation is in its infancy, but experts predict growth in number of battles fought within the legal system. Seven years ago, the United States court system became involved with [...]
BOSTON, MA. — As the EPA inches closer to regulating greenhouse gas emissions under the Clean Air Act, the potentially titanic implications of James Milkey’s little idea are starting to dawn on many climate policy watchers and energy interests across [...]
The world’s metropolises, with more than half the world population, could hold key to global climate progress. Humans have officially made their home in the concrete jungle. Ours is the first generation in which most of the world’s population lives [...]
Until BP’s Deepwater Horizon explosion in April and continuing oil spill crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, many in the news media covered deepwater oil exploration with a sort of awe. The practice, after all, is relatively new — most projects [...]
Future historians may regard recent weeks as a momentary breathing spell in the political trajectory of the climate issue. In the courts, preliminary rulings are awaited on a spate of legal challenges to the Environmental Protection Agency’s finding that greenhouse [...]
The rocks and rolls of the climate change policy debate have taken mind-warping twists and turns in recent months. Stop there. Note that the reference is to climate change policy and not to science. The latter, notwithstanding doubters’ continuing insistence [...]