- Rethinking the ‘Slow-Down’: New Work Revises Warming Estimates Upward
- Scientists Forsake a Nebraska Climate Study Mum on Human Influences
- Media Observers Applaud L.A. Times Policy on Climate Letters to Editor
- National Reporters Share Perspectives on Climate Beat
- Columnist Robert Samuelson: Time to Think Carbon Tax?
- English Prof and Nonfiction Writer Turns AGU Blogger
- Typhoon Haiyan and Tacloban: Another Love Canal ‘Focusing Event’? Not So Fast
- California’s ‘Rim Fire’ and Climate Change…Dots Connected…Or Not?
- Columbia, S.C., Meteorologist’s ‘Climate Matters’ Efforts Featured in Video
- Feeding 9 Billion on a Hot and Hungry Planet
Category Archives: News Notes
The June 2008 online issue of the International Journal of Sustainability Communication is devoted to communications on climate change.
Veteran science writer Cristine Russell, now a senior fellow at Harvard University’s Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, asks “Now What?” in a July /August 20087 Columbia Journalism Review feature.
Climate change, ocean circulation, and ocean monitoring are among the topics 10 journalists will be studying during an August 27-29 news media fellowship program being sponsored by Oregon State University, Corvallis, Or.
The Knight Science Journalism Tracker‘s Charlie Petit, himself a former full-time newspaper science reporter of some substantial standing, got a kick out of a recent wire service story on climate change and public health.
Readers of the Eugene Register-Guard are getting a regular dose of climate change insights by way of a frequent column written by the Director of the University of Oregon’s Climate Leadership Initiative.
Ohio State University glaciologist Lonnie Thompson and climatologist Ellen Mosley-Thompson in May traveled to Jerusalem to receive the $1million Dan David Prize.
Clean Tech entrepreneurs: start your business plans. The California Clean Tech Open, a non-profit project to promote clean tech start-ups, will be judging the ideas and business savvy of an expected 150 applicants from around the state. The deadline for [...]