- Abrupt Climate Change Focus of New Yale Forum Video
- Olympic Skiers’ Fear: The Beginning of the End for Snow Sports?
- Key Facts, Issues and Next Steps on Keystone XL Pipeline
- Scientist Boesch Emphasizes Ecosystems Management Approaches
- Nuclear Arms Talks Seen as Useful ‘Experiment’ for Climate Negotiations
- Olympic Skier Andy Newell Takes Lead on Climate Change
- Can ‘Unbiased, Fact-Based, In-Depth’ Environmental News Compete?
- Fewer Past Venues Seen Suitable as Future Winter Olympics Sites
- Will Snow(-less) Boarding be the New Norm in a Warmer Climate?
- The Global Climate in Context — 2013 in Review
Author Archives: Zeke Hausfather
In the aftermath of the recent hacked e-mails affair, much opprobrium has been cast in the direction of the Climate Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia. In part the result of confusion over the meaning of the [...]
A San Diego TV station’s mid-January one-hour broadcast reporting that two key federal climate research centers deliberately manipulated temperature data appears to have been based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of the key climatology network used in calculating [...]
It’s no surprise that as much of the U.S. hit was with an unusual January cold spell, hyperbolic warnings of an impending ice age would be close behind. The British tabloid The Daily Mail recently misrepresented the work of a [...]
No climate-related stories over the past few years have attracted the level of mainstream coverage as those involving personal e-mails of prominent climate scientists that were hacked from a mail server at the Climatic Research Unit (CRU), University of East [...]
Trees, climate friend or foe? It’s fun to be a contrarian, to point out cases in which commonly held conceptions falter, or when the opposite is true. But contrarian points often require quite a bit of nuance, and seldom do [...]
The electric car, seemingly on its death bed throughout the 90s and much of this decade, appears over the past two years to be rising from the grave. Every car company worth its road salt is rushing to put a [...]
Global temperatures have seemingly plateaued in the past 10 years. Those dubious about climate science or wary of the social implications of carbon regulations have seized on this point to argue that fears of global warming have been overblown. However, [...]