- Can ‘Unbiased, Fact-Based, In-Depth’ Environmental News Compete?
- Fewer Past Venues Seen Suitable as Future Winter Olympics Sites
- Will Snow(-less) Boarding be the New Norm in a Warmer Climate?
- The Global Climate in Context — 2013 in Review
- Climate in 2013 in the U.S. … and in Context
- Inquiring Minds Want to Know … Why Is It So Cold?
- U. of Michigan, Others Exploring Faculty Public Outreach Issues
- On January’s Belated Gifts to Those Sowing Climate Doubts
- Scientist Mann, Columnist Kristof Take on ‘Neglected’ Topic
- Climate Change in the Vortex of America’s Bi-Polar Politics
Author Archives: Julie Halpert
Climate change is at forefront of scientific issues, prompting some universities to re-examine faculty members’ roles in public outreach, social media, and social activism. A University of Michigan initiative samples faculty attitudes.
Some conservative interests are seeking a climate change ‘silver bullet’ attractive to their ranks and to their economic and political philosophies. An upstart Heartland Institute spin-off and a former South Carolina congressman are among those trying to show the way.
They’re among North America’s most vulnerable population groups, and their 95 million acres of tribal lands present Native Americans with a complex array of challenges and opportunities as they confront a warming climate.
Presbyterians, ‘a microcosm of the larger country,’ are taking an aggressive approach to the climate, including a ‘radical act’ in 2006 of urging carbon-neutrality.
Major sectors of the Jewish Community are taking strong positions on combating climate change. But philosophies and approaches differ somewhat from one branch of Judaism to another.
National news media ‘fact-checking’ operations and candidates’ own home state dailies are generally faulting GOP presidential candidates’ climate views, saying they are inconsistent with scientific evidence.
Rising prices for gas at the pump have more consumers looking at energy-efficient vehicles and other ways to stretch their dollars. Auto show celebrations of new environmentally friendly cars are the talk of the town …. the big question remains [...]