- Rethinking the ‘Slow-Down’: New Work Revises Warming Estimates Upward
- Scientists Forsake a Nebraska Climate Study Mum on Human Influences
- Media Observers Applaud L.A. Times Policy on Climate Letters to Editor
- National Reporters Share Perspectives on Climate Beat
- Columnist Robert Samuelson: Time to Think Carbon Tax?
- English Prof and Nonfiction Writer Turns AGU Blogger
- Typhoon Haiyan and Tacloban: Another Love Canal ‘Focusing Event’? Not So Fast
- California’s ‘Rim Fire’ and Climate Change…Dots Connected…Or Not?
- Columbia, S.C., Meteorologist’s ‘Climate Matters’ Efforts Featured in Video
- Feeding 9 Billion on a Hot and Hungry Planet
Author Archives: admin
“Marketplace,” produced by American Public Media, on January 28, 29, and 30 broadcast a six-part series – “Plan B: Adapting to a Warmer World” – “to help listeners understand what we should do to prepare ourselves to live in a [...]
All that media coverage of climate change/global warming over the past two years doesn’t appear to be having much influence on the minds of the nation’s electorate.
Why blog? It’s a question I ask myself often – usually around 5:50 p.m., when I can see I’m blowing deadline. Again. At least for this Seattle Post-Intelligencer reporter, blogging means doing everything that needed doing to “feed the beast” [...]
Reporters in the northwest and southeast corners of the U.S. can get full-day immersions into covering climate change at two separate university-sponsored training programs scheduled during the first week of February in St. Petersburg, Fl., and Spokane, Wa.
Web-based activities are afoot to prompt more attention by leading political and news media figures to climate change.
Maybe the brief flurry of media attention to the latest in a string of hoaxes by climate activists wasn’t extensive enough to qualify as ballyhoo. Bali-hoo, perhaps.
Discussions between academics and journalists about news decisions not long ago were generally confined largely to venues such as conferences and workshops. Now, of course, they take place online too.