- President’s Science Advisors Suggest Do-able Second Term Policies
- Database Suggests Downward Trend in Times Coverage
- Weather and Climate Change Focus of AMS June 25 ‘Short Course’
- Goodbye Jim Hansen, Civil Servant. Hello Jim Hansen, Citizen Scientist
- Points Leading Conservative Voices Most Often Make on Climate Change
- Sportsmen’s and Anglers’ Views Highlighted in New ‘This Is Not Cool’ Video
- U. of Washington Course: Science Students Learning ‘to Tell Stories’
Author Archives: admin
Here’s a fun (?) exercise for climate scientists. Put on a reporter’s shoes. The President gives a Rose Garden climate change change speech. You’re on deadline – let’s say one hour – and your editor is demanding a reaction story: [...]
The National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) is piloting what it expects will be an annual NCAR Journalism Fellowship.
Making climate change a presidential campaign story is harder than it looks – though a lot of journalists tried to do so at the National Press Club April 11. There was no contest. That was the story.
Presidential Democratic candidates and Senators Barack Obama of Illinois and Hillary Clinton of New York, and Republican candidate John McCain of Arizona haven’t had to do much bobbing and weaving to avoid tough questions about their positions on climate change [...]
Ink-in-the-veins journalism types – or is it anachronisms? – may shed a well-deserved tear in reading liberal City University of New York journalism professor Eric Alterman’s “Out of Print: The death and life of the American newspaper” in the March [...]
The new online ‘ClimateWire’ news service, produced by the publisher of the more established ‘Greenwire’, is starting off by providing some useful reporting on climate issues that may have slipped under the radar of most less specialized media.
The Monday, March 24 issue of The Wall Street Journal provides a fresh perspective on how seriously parts of big business may be taking public concerns about climate change. It appears from the report that a driving concern for these [...]