- President’s Science Advisors Suggest Do-able Second Term Policies
- Database Suggests Downward Trend in Times Coverage
- Weather and Climate Change Focus of AMS June 25 ‘Short Course’
- Goodbye Jim Hansen, Civil Servant. Hello Jim Hansen, Citizen Scientist
- Points Leading Conservative Voices Most Often Make on Climate Change
- Sportsmen’s and Anglers’ Views Highlighted in New ‘This Is Not Cool’ Video
- U. of Washington Course: Science Students Learning ‘to Tell Stories’
Author Archives: admin
Climate change, ocean circulation, and ocean monitoring are among the topics 10 journalists will be studying during an August 27-29 news media fellowship program being sponsored by Oregon State University, Corvallis, Or.
It’s not often that Stanford climatologist Stephen H. Schneider shares the limelight with the Dave Matthews Band (which has sold more than 30 million albums over the past 12 years), hip-hop rapper, producer, and actor Snoop Dogg, and recording artist [...]
Changing ocean chemistry threatens the survival of marine life as much as warming temperatures. Understanding the basic chemistry of ocean acidification and the relevant consequences for people and wildlife are keys to effective journalism on an issue of growing importance [...]
The Knight Science Journalism Tracker‘s Charlie Petit, himself a former full-time newspaper science reporter of some substantial standing, got a kick out of a recent wire service story on climate change and public health.
Readers of the Eugene Register-Guard are getting a regular dose of climate change insights by way of a frequent column written by the Director of the University of Oregon’s Climate Leadership Initiative.
Ohio State University glaciologist Lonnie Thompson and climatologist Ellen Mosley-Thompson in May traveled to Jerusalem to receive the $1million Dan David Prize.
Clean Tech entrepreneurs: start your business plans. The California Clean Tech Open, a non-profit project to promote clean tech start-ups, will be judging the ideas and business savvy of an expected 150 applicants from around the state. The deadline for [...]